Theme Companion plugin allows the user to modify the layout/designing of their site without changing the original style.css file.
It also allows the user to include their custom information in the <head> area of the site or page.
Installation of Theme Companion Plugin
To install this plugin perform the following steps:
- Upload the /comicpress-companion/ folder into the /wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Activate this plugin using ‘Plugins’ menu form Admin panel
- Go to Appearance/Companion menu item to make changes
- From the Companion menu item you can see three options which are Original Style, Edit Custom Style, Add HTML Code to the <HEAD> Area
How to create Custom Style in Theme Companion Plugin?
- If you want to include your custom style statements then select Appearance/Companion menu item.
- Then select ‘Edit Custom Style’ option. Type your own style tags and click on ‘Save Custom CSS Overrides’.
You can figure out the Companion options in the following screenshot: