In order to install plugins one has to follow the instructions provided by the Plugins provider or author. Before installing any plugins to your active wordpress site one has to take the complete backup of the site for the secure concern. One need to perform below mentioned steps to install and activate plugins:
Plugins Installation Process:
1. Go through “readme” file that provided with plugins or the website from where one has found the plugins. Instructions will helpful to complete the plugins installation and activation.
2. Upload the plugins to the wp-content/plugins folder in WordPress directory.
3. Make any changes to templates or files as required by the Plugins instructions.
Plugins Activation Process:
1) Login into the administrator control panel.
2) Click on plugins from menubar.
3) Check the list of Plugins and find the newly installed one.
4) Click on the Activate link to turn the Plugins on.
After activating the plugins need to continue modifications if it is required according to the “readme” file