How to Edit an Error 404 Page?
The page not found error page is generally named as 404.php in nay wordoress theme, if it contains that kind of page.
You can edit this page and set any useful message for your viewers.
To edit your Theme’s 404 error template file:
- Open your WordPress admin panel:
- Choose Design menu. (Presentation pre 2.5)
- Choose the Theme Editor page.
- Check to see if your theme includes a ‘404 Template’ in the list of files.
- Click the link for ‘404 template’ along the right side of the page.
- Edit the message text to say what you want it to say.
- Save your changes.