Please follow these steps to create a site index for wordpress blog:
1. Add categories widget into your blog’s sidebar if it is not added.
2. Open your blog. You can see the categories sidebar with all the categories listed.
3. Copy that categories to the clipboard.
4. Open the Manage Pages from Dashboard and create a new page.
5. Paste the contents into the editor.
6. Edit the list as you see fit.
- Remove extraneous categories like “Uncategorized.”
- Create a “Recommended” or “Most Popular” list of categories above or in place of the alphabetized list.
- Add static, descriptive text before or after the list.
- Bold certain categories to make them stand out.
7. Name the page and save it.
8. If you do not want to have a separate sidebar listing of categories then remove the CATEGORIES Sidebar Widget.
Note: Do not forget that pages created in this way are NOT self-updating like the CATEGORIES widget in the sidebar. You will have to perform these steps every time when add a new category to any post.