As your blog gets more posts, inevitably you will create more categories to cope. Eventually your categories will take up more room on your screen, and scroll across many pages.
This plug-in provides a Folding Category List for WordPress version 2.3 and above which allows categories to be expanded and collapsed to save room on your sidebar.
- Very few SQL queries so it does not put strain on server (except when post count is enabled)
- Option to cache navigation structure to further reduce server load
- Very fast (typically < 0.025 seconds) to generate category tree, even with many categories
- Priority based category selection where multiple categories are available (e.g. single post view)
- Pages can expand category navigation
- Full configuration via administration screens
- Add static links to the list
- Control category order by name, id, description, post count or use with “My Category Order” plugin for total control
Requires WordPress Version: 2.8.0 or higher